01625 810 300 contactus@vetalaw.com



Helping Someone Who’s Already Lost Their Mental Capacity


In the event that a close friend or family member is losing (or has already lost) their mental capacity to deal with their finances, and they do not have a valid Lasting or Enduring Power of Attorney already in place, it may be necessary for an application to be made to the Court of Protection for a Deputyship Order appointing someone (a ‘deputy’) to manage their financial affairs. We can prepare the Deputyship application for you and provide helpful advice to Deputies about all aspects of their role.

At Veta Law, we are here to give practical guidance to Deputies and advise on your responsibilities in undertaking this role. We can also act as a professional Deputy for you, and deal with someone’s affairs on their behalf. We can fulfil the administrative and accounting obligations required of a Deputy by the Court of Protection. Essentially, we are here to provide a professional and approachable source of support.